The T-Mobile One plan offers you a great price, good coverage and fast 4G speeds in one of the fastest networks in the country. In addition, they offer you FREE ROAMING in more than 120 countries (includes Europe and Latin America).
T-Mobile One is definitely the best plan without a contract this year in the market.
T-Mobile has been one of the best cell phone companies in the United States that have stood out in recent years. They recently unveiled a plan for unlimited smartphones, called T-Mobile One. If you’re thinking about switching to T-Mobile or improving your existing plan, this guide will show you everything you need to know before doing it.
T-Mobile One Plan: Is it worth it?
With great coverage and speed of data (it has improved a lot in the last years), this plan offers a great value with unlimited data for a very reasonable price. In addition, you can save much more with the T-Mobile family plan.
In our opinion, if you use more than 3GB of data per month this plan is a very good option. You will also receive rewards and prizes from T-Mobile for being a customer every Tuesday with the T-Mobile Tuesdays program.
Compared to the competition, the T-Mobile plan offers more than you need to be happy with your cell phone.
Benefits of the T-Mobile One plan
- Unlimited 4G LTE data on the T-Mobile network
- Unlimited voice and texts
- Unlimited text messages and data roaming and in more than 140 countries
- Free roaming in Mexico and Canada (use your cell phone as if you were at home)
- A plan without a contract or 2-year agreements
- T-Mobile pays your bill for changing cell phone company
- 1 hour of free Wi-Fi on flights with GoGo inflight Wi-Fi
- T-Mobile Tuesday Rewards Program: T-Mobile gives you free rewards every week just for being a customer
- Unlimited roaming data in more than 120 countries (perfect for travelers)
What we DO NOT like about the T-Mobile One plan
- The quality of video playback is limited to 480p. Although many users do not notice the difference, the videos are not played in high definition (720p).
- The speed to share your data with other devices (known as Wi-Fi Tethering or HotSpot) is limited to 512 kbps (3G speed)
- If you use more than 26GB of data in a month, speeds can be reduced in large cities or in congested areas
What is the T-Mobile One plan?
T-Mobile is known as the “Un-carrier” since its mission is to end cell phone contracts and free customers to subscribe to a company that does not offer them the best. The T-Mobile One plan is clear evidence that you are committed to this new mission.
This company has greatly improved its coverage and service to a point that has increased its clientele in multiple over the past months.
Recently, T-Mobile announced that it was ending its data plans (which were already among the best cell phone plans of 2018), and was replacing them with unlimited data plans. This is where the T-Mobile One plan was born.
T-Mobile One is an unlimited data plan that offers many benefits
T-Mobile One: Price
The T-Mobile One plan might seem a bit confusing at first and at first glance, it may seem very good to be true.
The plan is to pay $ 70 per month for unlimited data, although discounts increase if you have more than 1 line with T-Mobile.
This unlimited plan starts at $ 70 per month from the first line.
The price decreases to $ 50 per month for the second line and $ 20 per month for each additional line, up to eight lines. It offers unlimited text messages, unlimited voice, and data. You will not have to worry about hidden charges.
T-Mobile has announced that taxes are already included in the price, so you will not pay more than advertised (something very difficult to find in cell phone companies without a contract).
T-Mobile One HD Day Pass
As we mentioned in what we do not like about the T-Mobile One plan, your resolution to play videos is limited to 480p. However, (if you are willing to pay more) there is a solution.
If you have the unlimited plan and want to watch videos (on Netflix, YouTube, and similar services) in high definition HD (1080p), you can buy a high definition pass that lasts 24 hours for $ 3.
You can see all the details of the T-Mobile One HD Day Pass on the T-Mobile site.
T-Mobile One Plus
Because this plan does not allow you to watch HD videos or if you want a truly unlimited plan (without any restrictions), you can upgrade to the T-Mobile One Plus unlimited plan.
The T-Mobile One Plus plan offers you unlimited HD videos. It also offers 4G speed for your other devices (when using your phone as a Mobile HotSpot ).
However, we noticed that it is tedious to have to process a daily pass to watch HD videos. These passes are valid for 24 hours and must be reactivated each time you want to use them.
Additional benefits of the T-Mobile One plan
Apart from the aforementioned services, you can combine your plan with other services:
- Tablets: You can add a tablet to your T-Mobile plan for only $ 20 per month.
- Personal accessories: You can add a smartwatch ( smartwatch ) and other personal accessories to T-Mobile One for $ 5 a month at 2G speeds.
- International calls (outside the United States): You can add unlimited calls to landlines in 70 countries and mobile numbers in 30 countries for only $ 15 / month per line.
- Mobile Hotspot: You can add 5GB of high speed to share your cell phone connection for an additional $ 15.
We hope that our review of T-Mobile One’s unlimited plan will help you get the details about the benefits of this cellular plan. If you have any question, leave us a comment and we will help you clarify your doubts.
Is it worth the T-Mobile One unlimited plan? What does the T-Mobile One plan include? We want to know your opinion. If you have had any experience with this T-Mobile bread, leave us a comment below and tell us your anecdote.